Friday 25 January 2013

Chocolate muffins the clean way


The girls have been bugging me to make cupcakes for the past week so I finally gave in this morning and we got to work. I wanted to have a go at making something more like a muffin as I felt it would be easier to make it "clean". I had a quick look around at some recipes but everything required either things I didn't have in the pantry or had added sugar, which I wanted to avoid. So i thought what the hey, I'll make something up. We just had a taste test and they are delicious. The girls have given them the double thumbs up to even though they didn't have icing or sprinkles.

So here's my recipe:

1 large zucchini grated and excess liquid squeezed out {2 cups} then put in the food processor with
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
6 whole pitted dates
8 walnut halves
1/3 cup natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon honey
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract

I just blended the whole lot up until smooth and then put into cupcake papers inside a muffin tin and baked at 180C for 30mins or until a skewer came out clean

They we very moist so maybe I could have added a touch more coconut flour or taken out some of the yoghurt, but they were definitely yummy as is.

Enjoy

Shan x



0 comments:

Post a Comment